Camping with easy access to Sydney city centre?

Old January 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Camping with easy access to Sydney city centre?

Hi,

Can you help me with the following questions?

My friend and i would like to camp close to 'easy' public transport
into Sydney city centre... can you recommend a good campsite? (perhaps
there is a good camp site close to a train station??)

Also, we will be driving down from Brisbane... any suggestions on what
is worth looking out along the way? What would be the best route for
enjoyment?

Thanks a bunch,
Jay

Old January 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Hawkins

http://www.familyparks.com.au/Carava...asp?ident=avvv

schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old January 8th, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Julie

I have stayed here many times. It is really close to the city and the bus
stops outside the caravan park. The bus takes you to Chatswood station and
from there you go directly to the city. The caravan park is part of Lane
Cove National Park and it is a very quiet and peaceful place close to the
centre of the city. You can buy a day ticket on the bus - and that will
allow you on all buses, trains and most ferries for the day.

http://www.lanecoverivertouristpark.com.au/home

Driving down from Brisbane, if you have the time call into any of the
beaches. Just make a left turn off the highway at some of the signs -
preferrably the smaller towns. Very friendly people, magnificent beaches.

Julie

Old January 9th, 2007, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
gerrit

"Julie" wrote in message
I have stayed here many times. It is really close to the city and the bus
stops outside the caravan park. The bus takes you to Chatswood station

and
from there you go directly to the city. The caravan park is part of Lane
Cove National Park and it is a very quiet and peaceful place close to the
centre of the city. You can buy a day ticket on the bus - and that will
allow you on all buses, trains and most ferries for the day.

http://www.lanecoverivertouristpark.com.au/home

Driving down from Brisbane, if you have the time call into any of the
beaches. Just make a left turn off the highway at some of the signs -
preferrably the smaller towns. Very friendly people, magnificent beaches.

Julie

If Julie hadn't written this I would have!

Lane Cove River Caravan Park is very easy to find coming from the north and
the connections into the CBD are good.
We have been there twice now (from WA) and would go back there in a flash.
The railway authority is presently building a train line which will pass
very close to the park with a station within walking distance. I don't know
when it will be finished though. When that happens it will be even better.
The park itself is very good. The best spots are along the national park
edge.

Gerrit

Old January 9th, 2007, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Tmac-100

Julie wrote:

http://www.lanecoverivertouristpark.com.au/home

From Canada, access to this site works only IF I delete the /home. YMMV

It looks like a good site - alas, I had to stay in a Hostel near the RR
station - that stay was fine too.

Ken, Canada
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ross

I "second" Julie's comments.

We tried a camping site there 25 years ago (when we were much younger) and
found it very convenient.

The only exception is the URL whic now seems to be:

http://www.lcrtp.com.au/

Ross

Old January 11th, 2007, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
quietguy

As Julie recommends the Lane Cove Caravan Park is very nice - expensive
though.

There are lots of great places on the way down from Qld - be sure to
visit Forster

David

Old January 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
quietguy

quietguy wrote:

As Julie recommends the Lane Cove Caravan Park is very nice - expensive
though.

I just had a look at their site - $35 a night for a tent site!!!!

Considering you can get a room for two at a near city hotel for $88 a night
including parking that seems a rip off to me - I stayed there a few years
ago, but at that price I wouldn't go there again

David