A plan to Namibia

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Fred[_2_]

Default A plan to Namibia

Dear all,

my wife and i are planning to go to Namibia next year.
For your information, It is not the first time we are going to africa.
I have been living in Cameroon for 2 years and we have done several
safaris in Kenya (3 times), Botswana and Tanzania.

We are found of nature, wildlife and especially bird watching.

Our usual tour operator has the following proposal:

Day 1,2 Paris - Windhoek (Londiningi Guesthouse)
Day 3 Windhoek - Waterberg (Waterberg restcamp)
Day 4 Waterberg - Etosha (Onguma Bush Camp)
Day 5,6 Etosha National Parks (Etosha Safari Camp)
Day 7 Etosha - Kamanjab (Rustig Togo Lodge)
Day 8 Kamanjab (Rustig Togo Lodge)
Day 9 Kamanjab - Khorixas (Igowati Lodge)
Day 10 Khorixas - Swakopmund (Beach Lodge)
Day 11 Swakopmund (Beach Lodge)
Day 12 Swakopmund - Solitaire (Namib Desert Lodge)
Day 13 Sossusvlei - Solitaire (Namib Desert Lodge)
Day 14 Aus (Klein Aus Vista Eagle Nest)
Day 15, 16 Fish River Canyon (Canyon Roadhouse)
Day 17 Kalahari Desert (Anib lodge)
Day 18 Windhoek (Londiningi Guesthouse)

Some optional accomodations are also available :

Kulala Desert Lodge / Kulala Wilderness Camp / Mowani Mountain Camp /
Ongava Tented Camp / Grootberg Lodge / Tok Tokkie / Doros
Nawas / Bagatelle Kalahari Lodge / Amani Lodge / Eningu
Clayhouse / Wolwedans Dune Camp / Wolwedans Dune Lodge / Rhino Camp

What do u think of this program ?

I have a few more questions :

What is the best seasons ?
What are the most marvellous places to go ?
What are your favourites places to stay (lodges, restcamps, ...) ?
Are Some special activities (like balloon trip) worth to do ?
Do we need to get a 4WD car to enjoy our trip ?
Is it completely safe ? especially for alone car drivers (i am a bit
experienced with car driving in Africa).

Thanks for your advice
Best regards and happy new year
Frédéric