39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Old July 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sunryse

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On Jul 8, 5:19 am, "Matthew L. Martin" wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
Read all about it, hehttp://Muvy.org

One reason not to do this: Dick Cheney.

Matthew

--
I'm a consultant. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?

I spoke to an idiot who was ranting and raving about the President
and how stupid he was (I'm a Bush supporter, somewhat) and how
EEVVVIIILLL Cheney was. She spouted off about how Bush needed to be
shot and I said, "umm, wouldn't that make Dick Cheney president?" She
just looked at me blankly and blinked. Yes, this is the 39% of
ignoramous people out there.

Old July 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Bob

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Hertz Dount" wrote:

You're certainly delusional if you support the incompetent Republicans.

Back at you, but replace 'Republicans' with 'any democrat'.

Those that support the democrats are not delusional. Those that support
the democrats are brain-dead.

Just dropped in for a minute, but I've got to say that seeing anyone still
supporting the Republicans while calling Democrat supporters "delusional"
and "brain-dead" is the laugh of the day.

Are you guys not up on current events? Oh, wait: talk radio; Fox News.
Right.

--
Dan

"These are exciting times for the Iraqi people!"
- George W. Bush

Current events as viewed through the eyes of
ABC,CBS,NBC,MSNBC,NPR,PBS,BBC,CNN,Al Jazeera, ACLU ?
Hmm now that's a world view.

Old July 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Matthew L. Martin

George Graves wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:46:17 -0700, Matthew L. Martin wrote
(in article ):

George Graves wrote:

That alone should be worrisome. There are a lot of people in this country
who
think that Bill Clinton is some kind of Apollo-like god, and will vote for
The Clinton Bitch just to get Billy-boy back. Never mind that the
likelihood
is very strong that Billy WON'T play "First Lady" to The Bitch's
Presidency.
I mean its not like they live together as husband and wife NOW. I've heard
that The Clinton Bitch is a canoe bailer. I don't care,personally
(actually,
it fits her, somehow) but, if that's true and she gets formally "outed",
that
COULD be enough to save the country from her evil talons.

And people wonder why neo-cons are falling like flies. The general
population seems to be fed up with political dialog like that above. How
about discussing issues instead of your fantasies about candidates'
sexual preference.

You do know what an issue is, don't you?

Matthew

I sure do.

Then stop attacking people and start discussing their ideas.

The issues add up to a totally new direction for this country.

Which is probably a very good thing.

Unfortunately, The direction that either Democrats or Republicans want the
country to go in are the wrong directions.

For who? You? The population of the USA?

Matthew

Old July 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Matthew L. Martin

Walter Bushell wrote:
In article ,
"Matthew L. Martin" wrote:

George Graves wrote:

[...]

Like advice lawyers get, when the facts are on your side pound the
facts, when the law is on your side pound the law, when neither is on
your side -- pound the table.

That's pretty non responsive. Care to discuss an issue?

Matthew

Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Donald McDaniel

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:26:03 -0700, George Graves wrote
(in article ):

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:09:36 -0700, James wrote
(in article .com):

On Jul 7, 7:03 pm, Sparrow wrote:
39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.
Read all about it, hehttp://Muvy.org

The linked article says, "Americans under 30 are far more supportive
of impeachment than their elders. Among those youngest adults, 56%
believe the President should be impeached and removed from office."
America has a bright future. Our youth is smarter and wiser than the
older generation.

Obviously, the OP is one of those "American youth" who are supposedly
"Smarter and wiser"? Where did he get this idiocy from? Probably from all
the psychologists who insist that American youth all have some kind of
problem with "low self-asteem" which must be remedied by telling them how
wiser and smarter they are than their elders. Being the simple-minded
ignoramuses these youth are, they actually believe the lies.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I certainly don't see them
showing either "superior knowledge", or "greater wisdom" than anyone else,
even me, and I've been known to show my ignorance and stupidity on more than
one occasion.

In fact, many of them can barely read (a necessity for gaining knowledge of
any kind.) Their English grammar, spelling, and comprehension leave much to
be desired when compared with even the common knowledge of most 19th Century
Americans. Some can't even write their own names clearly, add a column of
numbers, or understand the legal difference" between "evidence" and "charge".
Additionally, the US has long fallen behind the rest of the world in the
Sciences and Mathematics fields. So much for their "superior knowledge"

They obviously show their ignorance when they think that the MAJORITY of
voters can impeach a sitting president. "Impeachment" is a legal term, not a
political one, and these "intelligent and wise kids" are unable to
distinguish the difference between the two. They have absolutely no
understanding of the American system of laws, the Separation of Powers (or
jurisdictions) recognized in the Constitution, how they are made, and how
they are executed. I will give them a hint: The Constitution does not give
the People the right to impeach anyone in the Federal Government. That right
is strictly granted to the US Senate. To even post an impeachment proceeding,
they MUST have reasonable proof of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" being
committed (or approved) by the officer of the State the proceedings are
brought against. And a formal Bill of Impeachment must be entered into the
record through vote by a majority of the Senate. Then, and only then can a
sitting President be impeached, and ONLY if there is a super-majority of
Senators voting for impeachment AFTER all evidence (pro or con) is presented
to them formally (a formal legal proceeding, in other words, with the Supreme
court acting as Judge, and the Senate as the Jury). The president MUST be
allowed to have Counsel, and must be given the greatest latitude to prove his
side, with full ability to cross-examine ANY witness who gives testimony, as
ALL US Citizens do.

He will HAVE to have his "fair day in court". PERIOD. Impeachment has
nothing to do with "the vote of the People."

I guess these "intelligent, wise youngsters" were home sick, cutting class,
or so stoned or drunk they couldn't hear or understand the teacher (or
playing with their iPhones and iPods, or simply failed to understand the
English the Constitution was written in- which is very probable, the state
of American English being so poorly understood by the Popular Culture they
thrive in) when he/she taught about the "Separation of Powers" enshrined
forever in our Constitution (or at least until a Constitutional Convention
convenes to make changes, with a super-majority of the States formalizing any
changes.)

They just don't know (or seem to care about) the law. I wouldn't gloat about
that were I you.

They aren't nearly as smart or wise as their elders, or as they think
themselves to be, as they continually prove over and over by their actions
and words.

"Wisdom" has nothing to do with knowledge about computers or machines. It is
the ability to put their knowledge to work AT THE RIGHT TIME, and in the
RIGHT WAY, for the RIGHT REASON. Hell, man, they don't even understand the
meaning of "right", much less have Wisdom. I guarantee you not EVERYONE has
"wisdom" beyond "a little common sense", and even fewer have "GREAT WISDOM".

"GREAT WISDOM" appears in Human History spottily. Most of the time, folks
are saying and doing the WRONG things at the WRONG TIME for the WRONG
reasons, and crashing blindly through their lives led by their appetites.

It's only seldom that a man (or woman) possessing "great wisdom" appears on
the stage of Human History. And the Masses seldom listen to him (or her),
usually winding up murdering him (or her), thus showing their truly inferior
wisdom and knowledge.

One such Man comes readily to my "ignorant, unwise mind". But I won't tell
y'all His Name. You'll have to use your "superior knowledge and wisdom" and
make a good guess. Anyone who knows me should be able to say His common Name
immediately. Unless, of course, they are so hateful toward Him that they
can't bare to mention it publicly.

Anyway, you kids really need a little more formal education to even call
yourselves "smart". A truly-wise man never boasts in his own wisdom, because
he knows just how ignorant, unwise, and powerless he truly is.

You young punks need to gain a little true wisdom before you can boast in it.
If you ever do, you will cease from your foolishness forever.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On Jul 7, 7:03 pm, Sparrow wrote:
39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.
Read all about it, hehttp://Muvy.org

The linked article says, "Americans under 30 are far more supportive
of impeachment than their elders. Among those youngest adults, 56%
believe the President should be impeached and removed from office."
America has a bright future. Our youth is smarter and wiser than the
older generation.

Obviously, the OP is one of those "American youth" who are supposedly
"Smarter and wiser"? Where did he get this idiocy from? Probably from all
the psychologists who insist that American youth all have some kind of
problem with "low self-asteem" which must be remedied by telling them how
wiser and smarter they are than their elders. Being the simple-minded
ignoramuses these youth are, they actually believe the lies.

Yup, very similar to the attitude in Congress, especially the House,
during the unfortunate days of the aborted Clinton impeachment.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-22 18:16:43 -0400, Donald McDaniel said:

One such Man comes readily to my "ignorant, unwise mind". But I won't tell
y'all His Name. You'll have to use your "superior knowledge and wisdom" and
make a good guess. Anyone who knows me should be able to say His common Name
immediately. Unless, of course, they are so hateful toward Him that they
can't bare to mention it publicly.

That guru that a budding organization, now the Vatican Corp., decided
to deify? Don't overglorify him. He was by no means right all the time,
nor is he a deity

Speaking of not being able to "bare" to mention it, may I remind you of
your comment that "[t]heir English grammar, spelling, and comprehension

Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
bearman

"The Constitution does not give the People the right to impeach anyone in
the Federal Government. That right is strictly granted to the US Senate."

Gee! All this time I thought it was the House that impeached a president
and the Senate that tried the president.

--
Bearman

America: Land of the free because of the brave.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
sechumlib

On 2007-07-22 20:14:16 -0400, "bearman" said:

"The Constitution does not give the People the right to impeach anyone in
the Federal Government. That right is strictly granted to the US Senate."

Gee! All this time I thought it was the House that impeached a president
and the Senate that tried the president.

Good grief! You mean it makes you upset when a person who shows every
sign of being a prime know-it-all comes up with a real booboo like that?

Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
bearman