U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:38 PM

Man, those republicans take the prize for weirdness, Gannon and Wead
make Monica look like Mother Teresa.

JG

Old February 24th, 2005, 01:47 AM
miles

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

So, can you disprove this statement:
"The [Republicans] give freely with other peoples money for any and
all causes they see fit."

They do not do so in the same context as liberals who target mainly one
group with which to get their money from. Republicans also tend to give
their own money far more than that of the liberals. Part of that is due
to stronger religious affiliation but not all. Your two statements are
not equal. The two parties do not behave the same way in terms of using
other peoples money and call it compassion. After all, the liberals
'giving freely' is part of their so called compassion.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:53 AM
miles

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On my other computer you were plonked. Time to put you where you
belong.

*replonk*

Any reason you must annouce you are ignoring someone? Must be for some
reason.
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Alan Street

In article enaTd.21732$Tt.1715@fed1read05, miles
wrote:

€ Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

€ So, can you disprove this statement:
€ "The [Republicans] give freely with other peoples money for any and
€ all causes they see fit."

€ They do not do so in the same context as liberals who target mainly one
€ group with which to get their money from. Republicans also tend to give
€ their own money far more than that of the liberals.

You wouldn't happen to have a citation and some data to back up that
claim, would you?
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:31 AM
miles

Alan Street wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a citation and some data to back up that
claim, would you?

Predictable response in usenet. Sure I could give a list of the oh so
popular URL. Thing is with the internet, one can always find whatever
URL they wish to show anything they want. I take it you disagree. Why
not just tell me why you disagree. I don't give a rats ass about a URL.
I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. It's called discussion.
Try it.
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Alan Street

In article 3UbTd.21756$Tt.4605@fed1read05, miles
wrote:

€ Alan Street wrote:

€ You wouldn't happen to have a citation and some data to back up that
€ claim, would you?

€ Predictable response in usenet. Sure I could give a list of the oh so
€ popular URL. Thing is with the internet, one can always find whatever
€ URL they wish to show anything they want. I take it you disagree. Why
€ not just tell me why you disagree. I don't give a rats ass about a URL.
€ I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. It's called discussion.
€ Try it.

So in other words, no. You have nothing to back up your claims.

What a suprise.

Moron.
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:31:11 -0700, miles wrote:

Alan Street wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a citation and some data to back up that
claim, would you?

Predictable response in usenet. Sure I could give a list of the oh so
popular URL. Thing is with the internet, one can always find whatever
URL they wish to show anything they want. I take it you disagree. Why
not just tell me why you disagree. I don't give a rats ass about a URL.
I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. It's called discussion.
Try it.

I think you've just convinced residents in all 3 newsgroups that
you're full of ****. Congratulations, you are SUCCESSFUL.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:53:35 -0700, miles wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On my other computer you were plonked. Time to put you where you
belong.

*replonk*

Any reason you must annouce you are ignoring someone? Must be for some
reason.

I suspect you have a bit of an axe to grind there. Must mean my work
is done.
--
---
Old February 24th, 2005, 08:35 AM
AJC

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:00:01 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Sarah Banick wrote:

I'm not offended that you or anyone doesn't like it here....I didn't like
the picture this thread is painting, and I want the newgroup readers to
realize Atlanta is more than the cultural backwater y'all were hyping.

Well what "cultural" attractions does Atlanta really have? A fairly dire
art museum...the tattered old Cyclorama (diorama of the Civil War)...and a
Coca - Cola "museum" where you have to pay to enter so as to be bombarded
with Coke's marketing propaganda...

You're forgetting the weird place about 15 mins walk along from Macy's
that commemorates the slave trade or something. It is full of trashy
souvenir stalls most of which seemed to be selling 'I heart Jesus tee
shirts' and other delightful fashion items. Then in one of the hotels
you can go up to the top floor and get a fabulous view of the concrete
of Atlanta, we played count the car parks! Very much the Basingstoke
of America.

Yeah, if you fly Delta on a regular basis at all you've no choice but to
spend a few weeks out of the year in Atlanta...

It's like that old Southron folk saying: When you die in the South you have
to transit through Atlanta airport whether you are going to heaven or
hell...

What do you mean transit to hell through ATL?
--==++AJC++==--
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:54:54 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

And the existence of groups like Concerned Women for America sure
doesn't help.

http://www.cwfa.org/main.asp

Note their tireless obsession with try to control how people have sex.

One time I ran into one of these harridans on a flight. She asked what I
did for a living. I smiled sweetly and said, "Oh, I run a gay male escort
service in Chicago..."*. She froze, looked aghast and actually recoiled
from my presence. She tried to move to another seat, but the flight was
packed and she had to endure my presence for the duration. For added
lagniappe I commenced reading my stash of gay magazines...

You're a poof too? My god, this ng's being taken over by you guys! If
Mixi declares he's gay, I'm leaving!

When we deplaned she FLEW out of that seat like a bat from hell. I bet her
face is *still* stuck in that sour expression from that incident with
me...*LOL* :-)

Actually, I am now tempted to get some gay mags to use for this exact
purpose. Maybe I could leave them lying around the house for some
frail relative to find...
--
---