Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 6th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:31:22 -0400, Tutor wrote:

Terry Gowan wrote:

Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and ice storms. They're all useful in
cleaing out the gene pool. The people I least understand are the
Californians that re-build their homes on the side of a mud-sliding
mountain.

Terry Gowan

Not to mention having the nation's 3rd largest death row
population. THat should help filter the gene pool abit. Although
it doesn't seem to work in Texas

Unfortuately we here in California dont use it enough to get a good
start on gene pool cleansing.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Old September 6th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:26:17 -0400, Budman
wrote:

The hanging chad had a legal definition of an acceptable vote. The
attempt to count them as required by law was stopped by those not
intellegent enough to realize that it was a valid vote - and those
folks live in Texas and Washington.

Really? Then those 8 recounts by the Dems and their sycophants all
were wrong when they came up with the same tallys?

Odd...

Gunner

On 6 Sep 2004 08:44:35 -0700, (Bill Jackson)
wrote:

Florida is not exactly the intellectual capital of the USA. Remember
the "hanging chad" fiasco, not sure those people should be voting.
Florida is just a dumb beach state, that's about all. Not much
importance in anything.

puzzled wrote in message . ..
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone explain
this to me.

Old September 6th, 2004, 09:25 PM
IN-10-CITY

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:30:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:23:08 -0400, Budman
wrote:

The Brothers Bush had the monopoly a few years back with Dubya in
Texas and Jeb in Florida. How's that for compassionate conservatism
:-)

Seems their constituents liked em. They kept getting voted back into
office. Still do too. G

Gunner

King George lost the popular vote. Someone back me up, because I'm
not sure if he's the only one to do so.

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:29:32 -0400, Tutor wrote:

You forgot to add: Nation's 3rd largest Death Row population

Pete Platis wrote:
puzzled wrote in message

A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of

having

to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone

explain

this to me.

Well , hurricanes are one reason but Florida has a host of others to
stay away:

1. Cockroaches ......LOTS OF EM ( also known as "palmetto bugs" in order to
water down the icky factor, don't be fooled though, they are just larger
roaches......that fly........very well) and a plethora of other pests that
you WILL come into contact with on a personal level whether you want to or
not..........this includes scorpions and brown recluse spiders btw, both
poisonous.

2. Staggering humidity ( well not all of florida but anything south of the
tropical line is brutal)

3. Job market isn't so great.

4. There ain't no mountains, not a one!. There has basically GOT to be
something wrong with that. In fact , the highest point in the state is only
a measely *345* feet high!.

5. Swamps........hell most of the state is a swamp.

6. Highest percentage of over 80 year olds behind the wheel of a
car.......THAT can't be a good thing.

7. Alot of white trash, yeah I know that can be found in alot of states.
Just seems worse in Florida for some reason though.

8. Basically Florida has one or 2 seasons, depending on where you live in
the state. For a 4 season kinda guy like me , not a good thing.

9. Alligators coming into contact with people in or near their homes,
killing or maiming them and/or their pets. It's not a good thing. Been
happening more frequently too.

10. FLORIDIANS ARE VOTING-MACHINE CHALLENGED.

In case any of you are wondering, yeah I spent a couple of years in that
awful state.

Enjoy the remainder of your evening.

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:34 PM
IN-10-CITY

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:30:43 GMT, Gunner

And you Liberals Dumb?

Old September 6th, 2004, 09:34 PM
IN-10-CITY

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:30:43 GMT, Gunner

And you Liberals Dumb?

Old September 6th, 2004, 10:40 PM
TNSAF

eüphemism wrote:
"grisgrisfunk" wrote in message
. ..

"ScanMan" wrote in message
Amen to that. I don't care where you live, you have hazards.

Umm, that's all
part of the wonderful world we live in.

What's that old song, Your Blues Ain't Like Mine...

A Happy Floridian

I agree... Connecticut is a hazardous state to drive in, and
that's an everyday occurence. People here only know one speed, FAST.
Crazy reckless drivers. Once in awhile a person from Massachusetts
will cross the border, they're even worse. We call them Massholes!

So I agree, every state has it's hazards. I deal with them
everyday on the road.

Mike R.

If I ever meet a person who doesn't think the drivers where he lives
are the absolute worst in the world, I will eat his seat covers.

The drivers in Florida were the worst until I moved out here to Texas.
Apparently all the real morons moved at just the same time I did...

Sure you weren't the problem? ;-)

That reminds me of a joke... I will just give you the punch line as I
remember it.

After hearing about a nut driving the wrong way on the Interstate and
realizing her husband was probably in that area she called her husband to
warn him. his replay "Only one nut? I am swerving around hundreds of cars
going the wrong way on the Interstate!"

Old September 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Keith Willshaw

wrote in message
I live In North Carolina and would consider myself very fortunate to
live in Florida.

So move - its a free country.

Keith

Old September 7th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Gunner

wrote:

The Brothers Bush had the monopoly a few years back with Dubya in
Texas and Jeb in Florida. How's that for compassionate conservatism
:-)

Seems their constituents liked em. They kept getting voted back into
office. Still do too. G

Gunner

King George lost the popular vote. Someone back me up, because I'm
not sure if he's the only one to do so.

The popular vote means dick in the grand scheme of things, as the
Founders intended. One should also note that Dubya was reelected to
an unprecedented second term in Texas as a Republican governor. He
resigned that post to run for President. Seems that the Texans liked
him. Even the Democratic ones as he got 66+% of the vote.

Now about Ann Richards...chuckle....

Gunner