Canada's Westjet to Start Scheduled service to USA in the Fall

Old February 5th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Geoff Glave

Default Canada's Westjet to Start Scheduled service to USA in the Fall

Press Releases/Communiqués de presse

FOR: WESTJET

TSX SYMBOL: WJA
WestJet Announces its Summer Schedule Featuring 120 New Non-Stop Flights

FEBRUARY 4, 2004 - 13:57:26 ET

CALGARY, ALBERTA--WestJet today announced the introduction of its 2004
summer schedule, including the addition of 120 non-stop flights per week
between cities throughout its current network and the introduction of
scheduled transborder service in the fall.

WestJet's new summer schedule will be introduced in four phases with new
services commencing on the following dates: May 1, 2004, June 15, 2004, June
26, 2004, and July 5, 2004. A complete list of WestJet's schedule changes is
available in the accompanying Schedule Change Backgrounder.

WestJet will begin transborder service from Canada to destinations in the
United States commencing in early October 2004, offering regular scheduled
service between Canada and Los Angeles, California; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida;
and Orlando, Florida. In the fourth quarter of 2004, WestJet will also add
seasonal scheduled service between Canada and Phoenix, Arizona and Palm
Springs, California.

Clive Beddoe, WestJet's President, CEO and Executive Chairman, commented: "I
am very pleased to announce the further details of our 2004 schedule
enhancements. With the addition of these flights, WestJet will offer a very
strong schedule of service from the cities of Montreal, Toronto, Halifax,
and Vancouver. As of July 5, 2004 WestJet will be operating 1700 weekly
departures, offering 240 city pairs and 24 destinations.

"Beyond the enhancements we are making to our domestic schedule, the timing
is now ideal for WestJet to begin transborder service. Canadians have been
asking WestJet to provide our low fares and unique service into the United
States for many years. We are now at a stage in our growth where transborder
service is a prudent, logical next step. Our schedule will offer convenient
service to the cruise ship markets in Florida, the theme parks and warm
weather of California, and the golf and sun destinations of Arizona."

Details of the departure cities for the United States destinations and the
date that flights for these routes will go on sale will be provided in the
coming weeks pending airport negotiations. With today's summer schedule
enhancements, WestJet will utilize six new Boeing Next-Generation 737-700
aircraft.

WestJet currently operates a fleet of 45 Boeing 737 aircraft, 26 of which
are state-of-the-art Next-Generation 700-series aircraft equipped with
leather seats and enhanced legroom. WestJet will be installing live seatback
satellite TV on its entire fleet of 737-700 aircraft with completion
expected by mid-2004. By the end of 2004 WestJet will be operating a fleet
of 36 737-700 series aircraft and 18 737-200 series aircraft.

WestJet serves the 24 Canadian cities of Victoria, Comox, Vancouver,
Abbotsford/Fraser Valley, Prince George, Kelowna, Grande Prairie, Calgary,
Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Windsor,
London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton, Halifax, Gander and
St. John's. WestJet is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under
the symbol WJA.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:WestJet Siobhan Vinish (Pronounced
Sha-von)Director, Public Relations and Communications(403) 444-2615(403)
444-2261Website: www.westjet.com