Cruise Ship Early Tour Departure

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jacquey Moss

Default Cruise Ship Early Tour Departure

How do you get off your cruise ship early to catch your private tours? The
ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up for ship
sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of you have
suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your own land tours.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jacquey Moss wrote:
How do you get off your cruise ship early to catch your private tours? The
ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up for ship
sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of you have
suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your own land tours.

A lot of the cruise lines allow you to disembark early if you take your
luggage with you.

sue
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
C.Nicholson

"Jacquey Moss" wrote in message How do you get off your cruise ship
early to catch your private tours? The
ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up for ship
sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of you have
suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your own land
tours.

When we were in the Grand Cayman's we booked private with Captain Marvin. We
just went down early and they let us go with the ships shore excursion tour
group. Be nice and smile,, goes a long ways!!

Cheryl

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"Jacquey Moss" wrote:

How do you get off your cruise ship early to catch your private tours? The
ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up for ship
sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of you have
suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your own land tours.

I collect those stickers on my cane, and I just put the appropriate
one on and get off the ship. In Russia they tried to say that no one
without a visa or a ship's tour could get off, and it wasn't true. At
the last minute they said everyone that had a visa and wasn't on a
ship tour should get off right away, and we did even though we had a
private tour and didn't have a visa.

But generally if there aren't tenders, I just walk off as if I had the
right to do so. Which I do.

Old November 24th, 2009, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve[_10_]

Sue Mullen wrote:

Jacquey Moss wrote:
How do you get off your cruise ship early to catch your private
tours? The ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up
for ship sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of
you have suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your
own land tours.

A lot of the cruise lines allow you to disembark early if you take your
luggage with you.

sue

Umm Sue? Read that question again.... I'm pretty sure it wasn't about
disembarking.
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:38:01 -0800, "John Sisker"
wrote:

It that doesn't work
either, they might have the reconsider the benefits of the ship sponsored
excursion, or just line up with everyone else when the ship has docks and
hope for the best.

Rarely is this "lemming option" the best course of action. I don't
think the cruise industry wants to be known for delaying passengers
from reaching their external tours. That kind of negative press could
chill some potential new cruise customers and cost them more profit
than they could have made by herding passengers into their own tours.

Gregory
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jacquey Moss wrote:
How do you get off your cruise ship early to catch your private tours? The
ships that we have been on permit the passengers signed up for ship
sponsored excursions to get off the ship first. Do any of you have
suggestions to get off in a timely manner when booking your own land tours.

Sorry I misunderstood/read before.LOL

If your ship docks, you will have no problems getting off when you need
to get off for your tour. Most of the private tour companys are used to
dealing with cruise passengers, so you shouldn't have any problems.

sue
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(Jeff Gersten) wrote:

(Rosalie*B.) wrote:

In Russia they tried to say that no one without
a visa or a ship's tour could get off, and it
wasn't true. At the last minute they said
everyone that had a visa and wasn't on a ship
tour should get off right away, and we did
even though we had a private tour and didn't
have a visa.

I'm sure you did, or else the Russian immigration authorities would not
have let you off the ship. Which tour company did you use? (We used
Alla) All of them provide a temporary visa just like the ship tours do.
The law in Russia is you cannot enter the country without a visa except
by cruise ship in St. Petersburg for 72 hours or less with an authorized
tour guide.

Yes I did have a tour company ticket which equals a regular visa. But
the cruise director did not ever admit to that possibility. She did
her best to prevent private tour people from going ashore and even
people with regular Russian visas were told that they had to get off
immediately (before breakfast) or wait until all the ship's tours were
ashore..

We did use Alla.

But generally if there aren't tenders, I just walk
off as if I had the right to do so. Which I do.

Absolutely correct. The only time the ship can control this is when
there are tenders. In that case they can give priority to their tours.