Pontianak, Indonesia?

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
CWLee

Default Pontianak, Indonesia?

Seeking off-line dialog, in English, with any recent (2006
or later) visitors to Pontianak, Indonesia. I'm considering
a trip there next year, and would like some first-hand
feedback about the place.

Thanks.

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , CWLee says...

Seeking off-line dialog, in English, with any recent (2006
or later) visitors to Pontianak, Indonesia. I'm considering
a trip there next year, and would like some first-hand
feedback about the place.

A couple of years ago while I was in Malaysian Borneo I spoke with a
lady who just had come from there. She said that the Indonesian part of
Borneo is quite a mess. Difficult to travel around, poor infrastructure
and Pontianak being an ugly and dirty place.
--

Alfred Molon
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , CWLee says...

Seeking off-line dialog, in English, with any recent (2006
or later) visitors to Pontianak, Indonesia. I'm considering
a trip there next year, and would like some first-hand
feedback about the place.

A couple of years ago while I was in Malaysian Borneo I spoke with a
lady who just had come from there. She said that the Indonesian part of
Borneo is quite a mess. Difficult to travel around, poor infrastructure
and Pontianak being an ugly and dirty place.
--

Perhaps calling the shanty town as "Venice of Indonesia" is a bit of
exaggeration?

Old August 20th, 2008, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

******Go away you greasy little racist Goonyroos.