travelling to Yogyakarta, Indonesia...

Old August 25th, 2008, 10:14 AM
leelee99 leelee99 is offline
Member

Default travelling to Yogyakarta, Indonesia...

Hi there,

Just like to share with you guys some experience about my Yogyarkarta, Indonesia trip. It was such an amazing experience. Yogya has a lot of temples to be visited. You should never miss the Borobudur. It is the largest Buddhist monument ever built. The huge multi layered monument was built from over a million blocks of black volcanic stone, and actually assembled solely by human labour. Upon reaching the round terraces, expect to find a total of 72 magnificent stupas. The smallest ones have lattice structures enclosing statues of Buddha. It was an amazing view. Next came Prambanan Temple. A train shuttle is available around Prambanan Park for mere Rp.5,000. However I travelled to this temple solely by foot. Indonesia. For food, I recommend you guys to go to Jl. Malioboro, a food street in Yogya which served a great varieties of Yogyanese food. I especially miss their nasi gudeg, it was really yummy and it's not too spicy. It served with warm rice, chicken, boiled egg, slightly spicy coconut sauce, tofu and other spices that i'm not very sure of it. The taste of it was really amazing and words can't describe how tasty it was. Besides, You should try it snacks too, like the Kipo Kotagede, the taste of tapioca dough that filled with sweetened grated coconut is tasty. Last but not least, you should buy a guidebook as I really rely on it most of the time regardless of accommodation, food, sight-seeing, etc. I bought the guidebook from a4trip dot com. It is really a brief and clear guidebook. Hope it will help those who wish to visit yogyakarta.