Warsaw Dworzec Centralny tram stop

Old March 16th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Pete

Default Warsaw Dworzec Centralny tram stop

Is the Dworzec Centralny tram stop (to take tram 16) situated in front
of the Marriott Hotel?

Pete

Old March 16th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Michal Jankowski

"Pete" writes:

Is the Dworzec Centralny tram stop (to take tram 16) situated in front
of the Marriott Hotel?

No, it's not. Where are you going? There are two stops, one
southbound, one northbound.

It looks like this:

| || *| * * *
| || | | |
| || | | |
| || | | Station |
|* || | | |
| || | | |
| SN | --------------------------
| || |
---------------------*---- || -------*-----------------------
------------------------------++----------W-----------------------
------------------------------++----------E-----------------------
--------------------------- || --------*----------------------
| || |
| || | |-----------------------|
130* || | | |
| || | | Marriott |
| || | | |
| || | |-----------------------|

N : tram stop northbound (inlc. line 16)
S : tram stop southbound (inlc. line 16)
W, E : etc.
130* : bus stop for line 130 to Wilanow
* : other bus stops

MJ
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Pete

There are two stops, one southbound, one northbound.

Thanks a lot for your map and your other post. I was completely
reversed in my thinking. I have some other questions, if you don't
mind. What exactly is Centrum? At first I thought it was just a
tram stop at the corner of Andersa and Jerozolimskie, but now I
see a large block of something called Centrum just south of the
Stalin skyscraper. Is Centrum just bus lanes? Speaking of that
tram stop, where exactly on the corner of Andersa and Jerozolimskie
will trams 4 & 36 stop: NW, NE, SW, or SE? Also, I see a Polski
Express bus stop on another map very close to where you inserted
SN. Is this a bus to the airport? If not, does an airport bus stop at
Warszawa Centralna (for going to the airport)? Finally, I see lots of
names with Rondo in them. I am familiar with rondo because of my
listening to classical music, but what does it mean in a geographical
sense? Thanks again.

Pete

Old March 17th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Alan S

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:16:13 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

| There are two stops, one southbound, one northbound.
|
|Thanks a lot for your map and your other post. I was completely
|reversed in my thinking. I have some other questions, if you don't
|mind. What exactly is Centrum? At first I thought it was just a
|tram stop at the corner of Andersa and Jerozolimskie, but now I
|see a large block of something called Centrum just south of the
|Stalin skyscraper. Is Centrum just bus lanes? Speaking of that
|tram stop, where exactly on the corner of Andersa and Jerozolimskie
|will trams 4 & 36 stop: NW, NE, SW, or SE? Also, I see a Polski
|Express bus stop on another map very close to where you inserted
|SN. Is this a bus to the airport? If not, does an airport bus stop at
|Warszawa Centralna (for going to the airport)? Finally, I see lots of
|names with Rondo in them. I am familiar with rondo because of my
|listening to classical music, but what does it mean in a geographical
|sense? Thanks again.
|

|Pete

Hi Pete

When we were driving around Europe one thing we liked was the signs,
starting in the outer suburbs, in every major city which led to the
centre of town. Sometimes they said "Centrum", sometimes "Centro",
sometimes "Zentrum" etc. From memory (someone will correct me) they
showed the word, plus a double circle like a target and an arrow for
direction.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups