passport

Old October 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM
yaofeng

Default passport

I am sure some of you have this happen to you already. My US passport
expires in 2009. But of the 24 pages, say 25 including the inside of
the back cover, available for VISA stamps, only two pages are left
blank. The rest are full of VISA stamps averaging four to seven stamps
per page.

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps? I
have a foreign customs official raise the issue to me already in my
last trip going out of the country. I told him there are two more
pages left.

Old October 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
VS

In article .com,
yaofeng wrote:

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps?

I go to a US consulate and get a bunch of extra pages glued into my
passport. Takes anywhere from 20 minutes (Montreal) to 1 day (Tokyo).

Old October 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
JohnT

"yaofeng" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure some of you have this happen to you already. My US passport
expires in 2009. But of the 24 pages, say 25 including the inside of
the back cover, available for VISA stamps, only two pages are left
blank. The rest are full of VISA stamps averaging four to seven stamps
per page.

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps? I
have a foreign customs official raise the issue to me already in my
last trip going out of the country. I told him there are two more
pages left.

It took me, a UK Citizen, all of 30 seconds to find
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

JohnT

Old October 26th, 2005, 09:40 PM
yaofeng

JohnT wrote:
"yaofeng" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure some of you have this happen to you already. My US passport
expires in 2009. But of the 24 pages, say 25 including the inside of
the back cover, available for VISA stamps, only two pages are left
blank. The rest are full of VISA stamps averaging four to seven stamps
per page.

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps? I
have a foreign customs official raise the issue to me already in my
last trip going out of the country. I told him there are two more
pages left.

It took me, a UK Citizen, all of 30 seconds to find
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

JohnT

There is something wrong with the State Department web site. When you
click on the menu following the link, nothing came up. The right site
remains blank.

Old October 27th, 2005, 02:51 AM
George Max

On 26 Oct 2005 13:40:45 -0700, "yaofeng"
wrote:

JohnT wrote:
"yaofeng" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure some of you have this happen to you already. My US passport
expires in 2009. But of the 24 pages, say 25 including the inside of
the back cover, available for VISA stamps, only two pages are left
blank. The rest are full of VISA stamps averaging four to seven stamps
per page.

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps? I
have a foreign customs official raise the issue to me already in my
last trip going out of the country. I told him there are two more
pages left.

It took me, a UK Citizen, all of 30 seconds to find
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

JohnT

There is something wrong with the State Department web site. When you
click on the menu following the link, nothing came up. The right site
remains blank.

The site worked for me.
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:36 AM
yaofeng

George Max wrote:
On 26 Oct 2005 13:40:45 -0700, "yaofeng"
wrote:

JohnT wrote:
"yaofeng" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yep... I checked again. The construction is weird. When I clicked
"add more pages", the right hand side of the page remains blank. The
instructions for adding more pages appears all the way down. You have
to scroll several mouse clicks to see it. But it's there.

Old October 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Shawn Hirn

In article .com,
"yaofeng" wrote:

JohnT wrote:
"yaofeng" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure some of you have this happen to you already. My US passport
expires in 2009. But of the 24 pages, say 25 including the inside of
the back cover, available for VISA stamps, only two pages are left
blank. The rest are full of VISA stamps averaging four to seven stamps
per page.

What do you do when your passport runs out of room for VISA stamps? I
have a foreign customs official raise the issue to me already in my
last trip going out of the country. I told him there are two more
pages left.

It took me, a UK Citizen, all of 30 seconds to find
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

JohnT

There is something wrong with the State Department web site. When you
click on the menu following the link, nothing came up. The right site
remains blank.

I just tried accessing that web site using the Safari 2.0.1 web browser
on Mac OS X 10.4.2 and it worked fine. Try using a different web browser.
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:10 PM
beavis

In article .com,
yaofeng wrote:

There is something wrong with the State Department web site.

No, there's something wrong with your web browser:

Try something resembling a standards-compliant browser and see if it
works better. You might start at http://www.getfirefox.com/

It works just fine in every other browser I tried aside from IE.
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Jeff Hacker

contact the U.S. National Passport center - they'll modify your passport by
inserting additional pages.
oups.com...

Old October 27th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article .com,
"yaofeng" wrote:

JohnT wrote:

"yaofeng" wrote in message
egroups.com...

snip
It took me, a UK Citizen, all of 30 seconds to find
http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

JohnT

There is something wrong with the State Department web site. When you
click on the menu following the link, nothing came up. The right site
remains blank.

I just tried accessing that web site using the Safari 2.0.1 web browser
on Mac OS X 10.4.2 and it worked fine. Try using a different web browser.

Perhaps it was temporary. I just tried both Netscape & IE and it works
fine.