Bring your own food? Delta A/L

Old July 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

Default Bring your own food? Delta A/L

"Charles Newman" wrote:

Some airlines do not allow outside food to be
consumed on board their flights. The Australian airline
Jetstar is like that.

Only certain jetstar flights:

"For flights operated by Jetstar Asia (3K) or Valuair (VF), unless you have
special medical or dietary needs, please note that only food and drinks
purchased from our cabin crew can be consumed onboard flights."
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

James Robinson wrote:

"Charles Newman" wrote:

Some airlines do not allow outside food to be
consumed on board their flights. The Australian airline
Jetstar is like that.

Only certain jetstar flights:

"For flights operated by Jetstar Asia (3K) or Valuair (VF), unless you have
special medical or dietary needs, please note that only food and drinks
purchased from our cabin crew can be consumed onboard flights."

What are they going to do, kick you off the plane?
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Maxx

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.net...

What are they going to do, kick you off the plane?

Why not? Boot em out the door @ 38,000 ft.

Old July 10th, 2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Since I am one scrupulous sensitive, ethical n.g. posteror:

I hereaby withdraw that implied endorsement of peanut butter 'n jelly
comment (perhaps with the bread-crust cut-off).

As a child in the 1940s-1950s, it was the
signature/chi-chi/preferred/designer/Tiffany/ Ralph Laureen lunch,
sometimes accompanying Campbell tomato soup 'n soda crackers.

And the soup was diluted by MILK, not by water.

Old July 10th, 2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
bunny

"Finn" wrote in message
jeez....how will you possibly survice 5 hours without food........ ?

There are a number of medical conditions that require a person to eat on a
schedule, flying times notwithstanding. Eating unfortunately isn't always
about hunger.

Old July 10th, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

bunny wrote:
"Finn" wrote in message

jeez....how will you possibly survice 5 hours without food........ ?

There are a number of medical conditions that require a person to eat on a
schedule, flying times notwithstanding. Eating unfortunately isn't always
about hunger.

So, if you have a medical condition or just want to eat, then bring
something onboard. DL allows food.
Old July 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
George Max[_1_]

On 8 Jul 2006 19:32:13 -0700, "SP Cook" wrote:

wrote:
Hi group.
Have not been flying in a few years and would like to know if I, now
days, should bring my own sandwich and drink? can you? A friend told me
that I may get a bag of peanuts.
I'm going by Delta A/L from Miami- Salt Lake City- Sacramento and
return same route. Do I get something to eat onboard or how is it now
days? I don't see any "M" for meals, on my itinerary.

Go to Delta's web site and enter your flight number and click on
details. It will tell you if you get a "snack" or "no meal". A
"snack" is not a meal. You will not get a meal in coach on most any
domestic flight any more.

Most airports have plenty of places that will be glad to sell you food.

My flight on Delta last August from CVG to HNL included a sandwich
lunch. Even so, I had brought some munchies of my own.
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Thanks, to all of you for your info. and help.
Guess I just have to get something in MIA firs and then wait until I get
to SLC and get a snack there, at the airport.
Again, thanks
BN