holder for SIM cards?

Old September 12th, 2006, 07:06 AM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
someoneelse

Default holder for SIM cards?

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards? (along
the lines of something one might use for stamp-collecting)

I looked online and couldn't find anything, I was surprised no one has
come up with such a "product".
Old September 12th, 2006, 08:02 AM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
mrtravel[_1_]

someoneelse wrote:
Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards?

Yes.
Have you tried a stamp collection album?

Ok, how about:

Wallet
http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...218&t_mode=des

Keychain:
Looks like it holds 2 sims
http://sourcing.tdctrade.com/cgi-bin...be rID=664722
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
RAK

"someoneelse" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards? (along
the lines of something one might use for stamp-collecting)

I looked online and couldn't find anything, I was surprised no one has
come up with such a "product".

I just use my normal wallet which has a snap-fastening pocket inside,
intended for coins I suppose.

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
bill frogg[_2_]

On 2006-09-11 23:06:08 -0700, someoneelse said:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards? (along
the lines of something one might use for stamp-collecting)

I looked online and couldn't find anything, I was surprised no one has
come up with such a "product".

Sometimes they come with another sim card....my Italian TIM had a
little plastic holder with two slots

Old September 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On 2006-09-11 23:06:08 -0700, someoneelse said:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards? (along
the lines of something one might use for stamp-collecting)

I looked online and couldn't find anything, I was surprised no one has
come up with such a "product".

If you look for accessories for palm computers, you will find holders
for SD cards, which also work for SIM cards.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old September 12th, 2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Slim

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:38:58 +0200, Jens Arne Maennig
wrote:

someoneelse wrote:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards?

What about reducing to one Sim card?
http://tinyurl.com/g6d6u

Jens

It depends on how many sim cards you have. If there are only a few,
you could consider a couple of 'dual sim card adaptors' that allow you
to use 2 sim cards on the same phone at the same time. They install a
new menu item on the system menu (or whatever) on your phone and allow
you to switch between the two at your convenience or at a timed
interval. I've been using one for about 8 months and they work fine.
Perhaps a bit of a hit on battery life if you use the 'auto-switch'
feature that automatically switches from one to another at preset
intervals.

Just a thought.

Note to Anal Usenet people:

When I say 'at the same time' I mean that the sim cards are present
physically in the phone at the same time, but are used sequentially,
that is- either one or the other.

Old September 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
someoneelse

In article ,
Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

someoneelse wrote:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards?

What about reducing to one Sim card?
http://tinyurl.com/g6d6u

Jens

Does this product offer the same rates as when you have a
country-specific card?
Old September 12th, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
mrtravel[_1_]

someoneelse wrote:
In article ,
Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

someoneelse wrote:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards?

What about reducing to one Sim card?
http://tinyurl.com/g6d6u

Jens

Does this product offer the same rates as when you have a
country-specific card?

They charge $2.49/minute for US to US, according to the website.

Old September 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
John L

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards? (along
the lines of something one might use for stamp-collecting)

There's lots of them on ebay. Search for sim card case.

Old September 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
RAK

Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

someoneelse wrote:

Is there such a thing as a little holder for multiple SIM cards?

What about reducing to one Sim card?
http://tinyurl.com/g6d6u

Jens

Does this product offer the same rates as when you have a
country-specific card?

Looks more expensive to me.
Outgoing calls looked much more expensive than I pay on my various SIM cards
(UK, Indonesia, Australia & Singapore), but I suppose it may make sense for
short visits for several countries.

Incoming calls: The phone number's number is a Liechtenstein number, so
anyone calling you must call Liechtenstein, i.e. an international call
except for the few people who live there (and any others who can make free
calls to there, which happens to include me).
The good news is that you do not pay for the incoming calls.