Mexico Dilemma

Old September 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc
Yo[_1_]

Default Mexico Dilemma

Okay - no need to call me a sucker because it's something I've
already called myself a thousand times, but I have a time share in a
resort in Mexico. What can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the
time. But things haven't worked out and I don't have the financial
freedom that I used to. So, I need to get rid of the time share. Now
comes the hard part. How to do such a thing? It's not as easy as
you'd think. In fact, it's really pretty difficult. One online
person has recommended I offer the time share for free plus 1K for
anyone willing to take it off my hands. Someone else suggested I go
through a time share relief agency like timesharerelief.com. There's
some others out there too. You essentially pay them to take your time
share. Sounds wonky, but if you are stuck with a time share you can't
afford, it makes a lot of sense on some level. So, my question is, does
anyone have another solution? Has anyone successfully gotten rid of
their time share? Has anyone tried timesharerelief? Okay, that's more
than one question, but you get the point. ANY advice would be
appreciated.

Thank you!
Yo

Old September 20th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

I wish that you had mentioned what city where it is located. I know
several people who have offered them for sale in their local newspaper.
If it is a popular locale you may get some bites. Have you contacted
the resort to see about selling it? Unless it is Cancun, where I
understand many people are just dumping their timeshares, you shouldn't
have a problem getting rid of it.

Janice

Old September 21st, 2006, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc
Dluzional™

.. ANY advice would be
appreciated.

There's various "good" places that you can enquire as to the selling of
your timeshare.
as previously stated it would have been a good idea to name the city,
or at least the "locale" of where it is which will help...

You can try he
www.tug2.net

TUG stands for TImeshare Users Group

now, you're correct, you can browse the "forums/newsgroups" off that
site for free, but if you want to list anything it's like 9.95 for 6
months. and then you get a whole bunch of extras.

One thing that they also have is "links" to some of the best resellers,
and re-renters of timeshares, as they're philosophy is you shouldn't
have to pay to rent out your timeshare.....

Have a look at it and see what you think....create an account and I
think you'll find it very useful.

Keep it and put it out for rent for your week (assuming it's a static
week and not a floating week), that way you get to keep it, as you can
incorporate the "fees" into your rental rate....and when you become
flush again financially, you'll have it to use at your leisure.

Good luck.

Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc
Yo[_1_]

G&G wrote:
Donate it to a charity and use it as a tax deduction.
"Yo" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hello - Sorry for not getting back sooner. I really do appreciate all
the great advice. My time share is in Cabo San Lucas. It's a floating
week so that's a problem. I have tried renting it out, but haven't
had any luck. I have thought about donating it to charity, but
apparently I'd have to keep paying all the fees until the charity
could sell it so that hasn't ended up being a solution. I've signed
up for a timesharerelief consultation and I am going to look into some
of these other suggestions. You guys have really been great!

Thank you!
Yo

Old September 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc
James Bowman

This may seem goofy, but have you considered listing your timeshare on ebay?
Perhaps an auction would find someone willing to purchase it at less cost to
you than paying timesharerelief $1 k to take it off your hands.

ups.com...