A380 total parts count

Old August 10th, 2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default A380 total parts count

Hello
Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380? According to an
unattributed internet report, it showed only 1,000,000 parts. To my
way of thinking, that number is a little low. By comparison, the
747-400 has a total of 6,000,000 parts. This number comes from the
Boeing web page on the 747. Taking into consideration the A380 uses
far fewer rivets and the wings are almost 1 piece, I can see how you
could eliminate a few million parts. I have looked on the Airbus A380
family web page but did not see a parts count. I would just
appreciate finding out what the real parts count is.
Thanks

Old August 10th, 2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380? According
to an unattributed internet report, it showed only 1,000,000 parts.
To my way of thinking, that number is a little low. By comparison,
the 747-400 has a total of 6,000,000 parts. This number comes
from the Boeing web page on the 747. Taking into consideration
the A380 uses far fewer rivets and the wings are almost 1 piece, I
can see how you could eliminate a few million parts. I have looked
on the Airbus A380 family web page but did not see a parts count.
I would just appreciate finding out what the real parts count is.

May I ask... What importance is this number? I'm really, does
someone's life depend upon it, or is there some sort of contest
we should know about?

Old August 10th, 2007, 07:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Rog' wrote:
wrote:

Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380? According
to an unattributed internet report, it showed only 1,000,000 parts.
To my way of thinking, that number is a little low. By comparison,
the 747-400 has a total of 6,000,000 parts. This number comes
from the Boeing web page on the 747. Taking into consideration
the A380 uses far fewer rivets and the wings are almost 1 piece, I
can see how you could eliminate a few million parts. I have looked
on the Airbus A380 family web page but did not see a parts count.
I would just appreciate finding out what the real parts count is.

May I ask... What importance is this number? I'm really, does
someone's life depend upon it, or is there some sort of contest
we should know about?

Why do you care? What it the importance to you whe is asking.
The A380 has about 3.97 million parts.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"mrtravel" wrote:

Rog' wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380?

May I ask... What importance is this number?

Why do you care?

Am I not allowed to be curious? Enquiring minds, etc.

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Rog' wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote:

Rog' wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380?

May I ask... What importance is this number?

Why do you care?

Am I not allowed to be curious? Enquiring minds, etc.

Don't you feel the same way about the OP?

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
this is for statistical purposes only.!
Thanks.

Thank you for a level-headed response, without the
'tude like mrtravel had.

Old August 13th, 2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Does anyone know the total parts count for the A380?

You're never going to get a precise count, as the number will vary
depending on how the aircraft is configured. Obviously an all-economy
380 configured with a complex IFE system and Rolls-Royce engines is
going to have a different number of parts from a freighter-only 380
with EA engines.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada