? Adults Only AI

Old November 26th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Carl Bergerson

Default ? Adults Only AI

Steve and Dave,

As far as I know there is no Blue Bay Village in Cancun.

There is a Blue Bay Getaway that is adults only (18+) that is wholy all
inclusive. It most commonly receives **** ratings. Given the upkeep of the
grounds and other common areas I would agree. The guest rooms are another
matter. I stayed there two weeks ago and would rate the rooms at **+ or
less. I had to change rooms due to excessive noise and I met others that had
to change due to musty odors or extreme rain leaks.

The Blue Bay Club is on the mainland and is run by the same company. While
it is AI it is NOT adults only.

Carl

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
I left Club Med out as I understand that you pay for your beverages
except for beer and wine at meals. I do not see that as falling under
the all inclusive umbrella. As for where I got the information for my
list, I used travel brochures and comercial sites while researching my
own vacation. As I have nothing to do with the travel industry these
are the resources I have available. I used the average rating for
these resorts that was published in these media. I did not look for
the age reference for adults only. Is there a significant difference
in resort atmosphere between the two age cut-offs? I have added Blue
Bay Village, Couples Swept and Away, Aventura Spa Palace. I haven't
had time to locate Le Sporte or Le Source yet. As I said previously
any additions would be helpful as I do have a job and can't spend the
whole day researching. I do enjoy adults only and don't know if I
could go back to a regular resort.

Steven Goodman wrote in message

I am curious, any reason you left Club Med (Cancun, Turkoise, various in
Europe)? Leaving Club Med out is a common "tactic" by some portions of
the travel industry; I don't know why, but it is very common. Where did
you research the basic information for your list? Also, what are you
basing the "star" rating on? You should also define what you mean by
adult only, is it 18+, 16+, etc, the resorts vary.

You also left off a bunch of resorts I sent out recently, so I am
curious where your list initially came from, since it didn't come from
this newsgroup? Also missing, Le Sporte, Le Source, Blue Bay Village,
Couples, Swept Away, Aventura Spa Palace, etc.

Thank You,

Steven Goodman

Dave wrote:
Since the answer to my question so far is no here is a list I have
started with: Destination, Resort Name, Star Rating, Adults Only or
Couples Only. If there are other resorts email me and I will add them
to my list. I know that there are au natural and swingers resorts but
that is not what I am looking to list. Just places where you don't
have to see other peoples kids.

Mexico
Golden Crown Paradise Spa ****+ Adults Only
Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental ***** Adults Only
El Dorado Resort **** Adults Only
El Dorado Royale ***** Adults Only
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun ***** Adults Only
Crown Paradise Resort ****+ Adults Only

Blue Bay Village **** Adults Only
Aventura Spa Palace ***** Adults Only

Dominican Republic
Jack Tar Puerto Plata by Occidental ***+ Adults Only
Secrets Excellence Punta Cana ***** Adults Only

Cuba
Beaches Varadero ****+ Adults Only
Melia Cayo Coco Signature Collection Adults Only
Sandals Royal Hicacos Resort & Spa ***** Couples

Bahamas
SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas **** Adults Only
Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort & Spa **** Couples

Jamaica
SuperClubs Breezes Montego Bay *** Adults Only
SuperClubs Runaway Bay ****+ Adults Only
SuperClubs Hedonism II **** Adults Only
SuperClubs Hedonism III ****+ Adults Only
SuperClubs Grand Lido Braco ***** Adults Only
SuperClubs Grand Lido Negril ***** Adults Only
Club Ambiance *** Adults Only
Grande Sport Villa Golf Resort & Spa, By Beaches *****
Adults Only
Sandals Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club ***** Adults Only
Sandals Montego Bay ****+ Couples

Couples Swept Away ****+ Adults Only

St. Lucia
The Body Holiday at Le Sport ***** Adults Only
Rendezvous **** Couples
Sandals Halcyon St. Lucia ****+ Couples
Sandals Regency St. Lucia ***** Couples
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Beach Resort & Spa ***** Couples

Barbados
Almond Beach Club & Spa **** Adults Only

Antigua
Galley Bay Resort **** Adults Only
Sandals Antigua Resort & Spa ****+ Couples

Old November 27th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Steven Goodman

Carl Bergerson wrote:
Steve and Dave,

As far as I know there is no Blue Bay Village in Cancun.

I believe it used to be called Blue Bay Village, before they expanded to
included more rooms next door? But it is now called Blue Bay Getaway.

Steven Goodman