Miss Nancy Blair (Sarah McLachlan in Australia soon)

Old May 12th, 2004, 08:06 PM
David Dalton

Default Miss Nancy Blair (Sarah McLachlan in Australia soon)

Followups set to alt.music.s-mclachlan .

While waiting for a program to run, I just glanced at the murmurs
fan club web page (which you can get to through links on
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com for those new to alt.music.s-mclachlan ,
and AUS+NZ tour dates are on her page as well, don't miss her,
she is wow-ooh live) and the Community section
(web forum) is much faster to use than it was a few months
ago, so thanks to Nettwerk for speeding it up, though I still
haven't tried it by 33 k dialup from home.

Here's a note I posted there but ask you as well:

So when do Sarah McLachlan and co. leave Canada for Australia? I
bet since she is playing on the 21st there it will be by the 17th
to avoid jet lag effects at her debut.

Here's a shanty for them to sing, South Australia:

In South Australia I was born
Heave away! Haul away!
South Australia round Cape Horn
And we're bound for South Australia

Haul away you rolling king
Heave away! Haul away!
All the way you'll hear me sing
And we're bound for South Australia

As I walked out one morning fair
Heave away! Haul away!
It's there I met Miss Nancy Blair
And we're bound for South Australia

There ain't but one thing grieves my mind
Heave away! Haul away!
It's to leave Miss Nancy Blair behind
And we're bound for South Australia

I run her all night I run her all day
Heave away! Haul away!
Run her before we sailed away
And we're bound for South Australia

I shook her up I shook her down
Heave away! Haul away!
I shook her round and round and round
And we're bound for South Australia

And as you wollop round Cape Horn
Heave away! Haul away!
You'll wish that you had never been born
And we're bound for South Australia

Don Ross is playing here tonight (he is
one of the world's best acoustic guitar
players), 8 p.m. at D.F. Cook Recital
Hall here at Memorial University, St. John's,
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada and I
will go to folk club at The Ship Inn
afterward to catch much of the open mic
set and the second set of Chris Hynes.