Princess Manager Heads Access Board!

Old May 4th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Princess Manager Heads Access Board!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Princess Access Compliance Manager Re-Elected to Head Access Board

Jan Tuck to Chair U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers
Compliance Access Board for Second Time

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., May 4
Jan Tuck, manager of access compliance for Princess, has been
re-elected as chairperson of the U. S. Architectural and
Transportation Barriers Compliance Access Board, making her the first
presidential appointee to head the board twice. Tuck, who was
appointed to the board by President George W. Bush in 2002, also
served as chair in 2003 and was vice-chair last year.

"We are extremely proud that Jan's continuing leadership in the effort
to improve access for individuals with disabilities, has been
recognized by the Access Board members, and that she has become the
first member of the public to hold this prestigious role twice," said
Jan Swartz, Princess' senior vice president of customer service and
sales. "Here at Princess, Jan's work has been instrumental in the
ongoing evolution of our access program -- skills that are also
invaluable at the national level to improve access for travelers with
disabilities."

A 28-year Princess employee, Tuck became the first full-time cruise
line professional to focus on accessibility for passengers with
disabilities when she was named to her current position in 1999. She
is responsible for monitoring accessibility of all Princess ships and
land operations, as well as developing methods for increasing comfort
levels for all passengers with physically challenging conditions.

Tuck is also a member of the Architectural Barriers Working Group of
the International Council of Cruise Lines (ICCL). She has previously
served as a member of the Society for Advancement of the Handicapped
(SATH) Board of the World Congress for Persons with Disabilities, and
sat on the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) Committee for
Travelers with Disabilities. She has been honored with the California
Governor's Award for Handicap Employee of the Year and was a nominee
for National Handicap Employee of the Year. Tuck is founder and former
president of the California Governor's Committee for Employment of
Handicap Youth and is a former president of the Committee for
Employment of Persons with Disabilities.

About Princess Cruises:

One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global
cruise and tour company operating a fleet of 14 modern ships renowned
for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining,
entertainment and amenities, all provided in an environment of
exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide
cruising, Princess offers its passengers the opportunity to escape to
the top destinations around the globe, with sailings to all seven
continents, ranging in length from seven to 30 days. The company,
which celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2005, is part of Carnival
Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL; LSE: CCL; NYSE.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.