Thailand

Old May 9th, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt[_2_]

Default Thailand

On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:43:54 -0600, "don"
wrote:

Butting in
Can anyone suggest a decent hotel (clean, quiet, inexpensive) near Changi?
We'd be in transit to Bali and need something from midnight to 7AM.
Butting out

The Ambassador Transit Hotel is located inside the transit area at
Changi.

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/index.htm

Chris
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt[_2_]

On Thu, 8 May 2008 03:03:14 -0700 (PDT), grusl
wrote:

On May 7, 9:50*am, Alan S wrote:
On Wed, 07 May 2008 08:53:23 +0800, Chris Blunt

wrote:
On Wed, 7 May 2008 00:26:07 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

By the way, this NG is quite dead.

I thought it was just my news server missing a lot of posts recently,
but perhaps it really is dying. Where did everyone go?

Chris

All away wandering through Asia?

Possibly ... I know I'm at Changi airport en route HKG-BLR. Direct
Dragonair flights HKG-BLR start later in May. Cathay to follow in
October.

Its strange that Cathay are planning to compete with Dragonair on that
route since they own Dragonair now. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but
as far as I know Cathay don't fly on any other routes operated by
Dragonair.

Chris
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

wrote:

By the way, this NG is quite dead.

I thought it was just my news server missing a lot of posts recently,
but perhaps it really is dying. Where did everyone go?

Chris

All away wandering through Asia?

Possibly ... I know I'm at Changi airport en route HKG-BLR. Direct
Dragonair flights HKG-BLR start later in May. Cathay to follow in
October.

Its strange that Cathay are planning to compete with Dragonair on that
route since they own Dragonair now. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but
as far as I know Cathay don't fly on any other routes operated by
Dragonair.

I thought the same thing but both airlines have announced their plans
to the media and the travel trade press has reported it. I think there
will be different fare structures.

We'll see, I guess. The possibility remains that for whatever reasons
- equipment, routing etc. - KA will fly the route May-October, and be
replaced by CX, but that's not what either airline has said.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore