Istanbul to Izmir?

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Natalia

Default Istanbul to Izmir?

Hi All

Im flying to istanbul next month - yay!
and i have to get from the airport at istanbul to Izmir airport (where
then im hoping to get picked up and taken to dikili by car)

Does anyone know how long the plane takes to go istanbul to izmir?
will it be hard to find or in the same airport? and also maybe the cost
of such at fare (i use australian dollars)

thanks very much
nat
Old June 10th, 2004, 02:38 AM
A Mate

Nat - Izmir is a city well south of Istanbul!!

Your post is very unclear. Are you flying Istanbul - Izmir?? If so - yes,
that flight will leave from Attaturk Airport.

Really I think you need a travel agent! Flight times, landing times -
airport of departure etc will all be on the itinerary the Travel Agent will
give you!! The TA will also ensure you have enough time for the transfer of
flights in Istanbul.

Old June 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Miguel Cruz

Natalia wrote:
Im flying to istanbul next month - yay!
and i have to get from the airport at istanbul to Izmir airport (where
then im hoping to get picked up and taken to dikili by car)

Does anyone know how long the plane takes to go istanbul to izmir?
will it be hard to find or in the same airport? and also maybe the cost
of such at fare (i use australian dollars)

I don't think it's any longer than an hour or so. The domestic terminal is a
short walk from the international.

You could book it in advance, though fares are a lot cheaper when purchased
in Turkey. In addition to THY check with the various competing discount
carriers - they all have ticket booths at the airport. Unless it's a holiday
or something, you should be able to find a seat within a few hours on one of
them.

miguel
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:00 PM
JX Bardant

The flight between Istanbul and Izmir is about one hour...
It is in the same airport, and I paid about 50 euros last time I used it but
I may have been lucky.

You can buy you ticket or just check prices here :
http://www.thy.com.tr/en/index.php