Jakarta, cheap hotel very near to Plaza Indonesia.

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:22 AM
kjetil nordbø

Default Jakarta, cheap hotel very near to Plaza Indonesia.

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:46:24 GMT, Adriano wrote:

They are 2 or 3 star hotels, French owned and run, rates around
220-350,000rp - say US$25-38

Hello, I have just known there is also Arcadia Hotel in
Jalan KH Wahid Hasyim 77.
Is it one of two Ibis hotels?
thanks

Yes. Ibis Arcadia and Ibis Tamarin is just over the street from each
other. Ibis Tamarin got a pool while Ibis Arcadia doesn't if that is
of importance. And the restaurants are a bit nicer at Ibis Tamarind.

I normally choose Ibis Arcadia if i got a choice between those two,
this since the bathrooms at Ibis Tamarind are really small. But as
said, these hotels are just over the street from each other ... so
check them out :-)

Bst rgds,
Kjetil Nordbo
Norway
www.journeypix.com
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Adriano

I normally choose Ibis Arcadia if i got a choice between those two,
this since the bathrooms at Ibis Tamarind are really small. But as
said, these hotels are just over the street from each other ... so
check them out :-)

mmm, dear Kjetil, it doesn't make sense to choise Ibis Arcadia
because for a night it now costs US$42 and Ibis Tamarin costs US$40.
I think Ibis Arcadia is a little bit expensive.
Thanks

bye Adriano

Old July 10th, 2004, 11:01 AM
RAK

"Adriano" wrote in message
I normally choose Ibis Arcadia if i got a choice between those two,
this since the bathrooms at Ibis Tamarind are really small. But as
said, these hotels are just over the street from each other ... so
check them out :-)

mmm, dear Kjetil, it doesn't make sense to choise Ibis Arcadia
because for a night it now costs US$42 and Ibis Tamarin costs US$40.
I think Ibis Arcadia is a little bit expensive.
Thanks

Is that the rate on the Ibis website? It is probably a bit cheaper to book
it in Jakarta or just turn up at the hotel and ask.
This agent runs the hotel desk at the airport; they now offer 335,000 incl
breakfast at the Tamarin:
http://www.goindotel.com/goindotel/p...tail?nomor=105

Old July 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
kjetil nordbø

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:27:55 GMT, Adriano wrote:

I normally choose Ibis Arcadia if i got a choice between those two,
this since the bathrooms at Ibis Tamarind are really small. But as
said, these hotels are just over the street from each other ... so
check them out :-)

mmm, dear Kjetil, it doesn't make sense to choise Ibis Arcadia
because for a night it now costs US$42 and Ibis Tamarin costs US$40.
I think Ibis Arcadia is a little bit expensive.
Thanks

You asked where the hotel was located if my memory is still with me, i
just answered that question :-)

I normally buy a hotel voucher from Haryono Travel (there are other
travel agencies with the same service, but i've found it cheapest at
Haryono Travel). You get lower prices with them then what you get if
you just show up at the hotel itself.

Good luck

Bst rgds,
Kjetil Nordbø
Norway
www.journeypix.com

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM
in2oils

Stay at the Hotel Margot on Jalan Jaksa. That is where I stay when in
Jakarta. It's in central Jakarta and is very safe and clean. It costs
RP140,000 per night and has air con, hot water and a tv. Just ask any taxi
driver at the airport to take you to Jalan Jaksa, they all know where it is.
It won't cost more than RP60,000 to get there. Make sure you ask the taxi
driver to use his meter, otherwise you might be out of pocket RP100,000,
which is only about $20 anyway.

Kind regards
Emma

"Adriano" wrote in message
Hello,
some time ago I have posted the same question and you have suggested
me Wisma PGI hotel at Jl. Teuku Umar 17 but you tell me it is a bit
run-down.
I will reach Jakarta among some days, can anyone suggest me also
another cheap hotel (3 stars about $30-35) very near to Plaza
Indonesia?
Thanks very much

bye Adriano