The Most Beautiful Place in China

Old February 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default The Most Beautiful Place in China

Where and why?

Old February 5th, 2006, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Hi Rick

Beauty is a very subjective thing!
Hong Kong is beautiful to me

http://www.picturesforwalls.com/cgi-...n-color/images
http://www.picturesforwalls.com/cgi-...ongkong/images

Man made and natural beauty in one place.

Cheers
Mike
www.picturesforwalls.com

Old February 5th, 2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

"Rick Graham" wrote in message
Where and why?

Good question!
China is quit a large country and has the most modern and the most ancient
places.
Nature comes in all it's forms in China.
Minorities of many tribes still have their original culture.
So what is beautiful for you?

Ronald

Old February 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

places unknown to tourist are beautiful...

------------------

a photographic journey through asia -
www.geocities.com/boochap

l...

Old February 6th, 2006, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

to many chinese, guilin is beautiful

Old February 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Dalian is especially lovely (those lovely sculptured gardens on the cliffs
of their coast), Haungzhou is simply lovely the locals call it their
beautiful city, along with Sizhou(sp?). The Yangtze gorges are simply put
"majestic" (that is the best word to describe the scenery when sailing
through, my favorite trip though China was there )

best buildings in China to visit in my opinion: the "Summer Palace", It is
way better than any other collection of Chinese buildings I've been to due
to the "whole setting", it was a much better time there than going to the
Great Wall or the Imperial Palace, although both were very impressive, just
not up to the beauty at the summer palace..

I've been to shenyang a whole lot of time, I can't say it's that city is
great.. it's dirty and industrialized, but to me it's great.. but not a must
for tourist.. although to me.. it's a place where it's "real" china.. you
go there and don't see Americans or other nationalities.. it's all Chinese
there and you feel even further from home there.. in "some" ways I like it
there more than the tourist places..

no matter where you go in China you can't go wrong (at least in my opinion)

BillReese
..

"Nick Chan" wrote in message
oups.com...
to many chinese, guilin is beautiful

Old February 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Buy either (or both) of the following books and then decide for yourself:

First choice:
CHINA
Paperback 672 pages
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd (July 31, 2005)
ISBN: 1405308761
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...122-9348169?s=
books&v=glance&n=283155

Second choice:
National Geographic Traveler China
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: National Geographic (May 1, 2004)
Language: English
ISBN: 0792279212
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/079...122-9348169?s=
books&v=glance&n=283155