week long trip to Costa Rica in June

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Serge80

Default week long trip to Costa Rica in June

Hello, I'm planning a budget trip to Costa Rica this summer.
1st.
Since it's rainy season during summer I was hoping to catch some nice
weather and lower prices in the beginning of June. Can traveling to
Costa Rica in June turn out as bad decision weather-wise?

2nd.
I do not like most of the trips offered online. Seems like most of the
time I will spend shaking in the tour bus and meeting locals. However
I only wish to spend some time snorkeling, relaxing on the beach
(maybe boat trip) and visit some of country's nature spots, even if
that means I won't get to see whole country. Ofcouse downside is I
have make the right choices.

I was offered by my travel agent to spend few days in MonteVerde
followed by several more days at Sugar Beach. Should I change
MonteVerde to see Volcano instead? How about Sugar Beach resort? For
beach activities which coast is prefered? I know that I will miss
Tortugero park on Carribean side, but I've read nice comments about
Sugar Beach Hotel.

and finally 3rd question!
Should I reserve hotels on day by day basis and get a rental car and
freely roam the country? Or would money be better spent on activities
where I will be staying? Like jet skis, park tours, etc..

I'd really appreciate if someone with past experience would reply to
me or maybe even send me instanta message on AIM: InstantIam is my
screenname.

Thanks

Serge