Recommend a good 1st cruise?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2nd, 2004, 02:15 AM
Andrea Bostrom

Default Recommend a good 1st cruise?

Hello ---
I've been reading this board for quite some time and have enjoyed the
trip reports. Hubby and I are 48 and 39, and considering taking our first
cruise. We generally go to the Bahamas or all-inclusive resorts in the
Caribbean, but would like to try a cruise at least once.
We don't want a cruise with a lot of loud goings on during the day,
i.e. "hairy chest contest" and what not, but we enjoy music and lounging by the
pool. We are both active and would like ports with activities like
snorkeling,nice beaches, rainforest exursions, rafting, historical excursions,
etc. I guess the best way to put it is we'd like a subdued, relaxing
atmosphere onboard and ports that offer exploration/physical
activities/historical tours instead of just shopping.
Re food, we both enjoy fine dining but don't want to have to dress up
every night so it sounds like the "freestyle" plan may be best for us. We
basically want to relax and unwind for a week and enjoy the ocean so we're
geared towards a Caribbean itinerary. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated --- price does not matter (well of course it does for all of us!)
but we'd love to hear your input re suggestions. Feel free to email directly.

Andrea