A good site to book a cruise?

Old December 30th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

edit Btw, did you know that www.cruisestateroom.com is a "pay for" service now?
Or you have to go he

http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel...cruiseships.do

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:57:12 -0800, How B wrote:

Thanks for that info, I would not pay for cruisestateroom.com. I've
found some of their cabin plans inaccurate in the past, and some ships
were not on their list (not the newer ones, either). It's a nice site,
but it's not all that!

I agree. Free is one thing, if I pay I want a better service. And more than
a one day free trial to find out too.

www.mycruisevalue.com also has nice cabin layouts once you pick a ship,
it shows both a photo and a 3-D diagram. (Disclaimer, I don't use this
site to book cruises, I have a local agent that I've known for years.
Sometimes her quotes have been even better than cruisequick.)

How B

Good for you on your TA. Thanks for the link.
Old December 31st, 2004, 12:06 AM
Romhell

If you have the internet there is no need for travel or cruise agents.
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:44 PM
Bicepeak

There isn't only one good site....you really should shop several.
Cruisequick.com, for example has been generally higher when I got quoites from
there. Last cruise I checked with them, they were the same price as other sites
.. But I didn't use them because I prefer paying the same price somewhere else
and being able to talk to a live person if I should have a problem.

Also, be very wary because some sites charge a cancellation fee of up to $75 !

One company, I have used on my last 2 bookings is Cruise Vacation Center. They
do not charge a cancellation fee.

Another good aid is cruisecompete.com. There you state which cruise you want
and various agencies send all their quotes to the site.

Happy cruising!

Sean
Sean
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:15 PM
thomas k

www.buycruises.com cant beat them

Old January 1st, 2005, 02:25 AM
The Scutts

VacationsToGo.com has really good rates. I haven't found a site that can
beat them, although they will match their rates.

Old January 1st, 2005, 02:25 AM
The Scutts

Old January 1st, 2005, 04:48 PM
JANETFF

I like Cruisequick.com. I have booked my last 5 cruises there, and have
gotten good prices.Being a strictly internet based agency(no phone), I
guess this is not for everyone. But working thur EMail, any issues or
problmes I have had, were quickly resolved.

--
JANETFF
JANETFF's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=273

Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:45 AM