Happy Birthday Rec.Travel.Cruises!

Old May 4th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Happy Birthday Rec.Travel.Cruises!

Hi Everyone,

Today, May 4th, is the birthday of Rec.Travel.Cruises. On this day in
1994 the final vote was announced and rtc was officially born. It
passed by a vote of 244 to 23.
Happy Birthday and Welcome to Old and New readers!!!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Dee Lite

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message

It passed by a vote of 244 to 23.

??????? What valid reason could anyone have had for voting against it???????

Old May 4th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:49:23 -0400, "Dee Lite" no spam wrote:

??????? What valid reason could anyone have had for voting against it???????

Hi Dee,

Back in those days there were a vocal group that would vote against
ALL new news groups. They felt the current groups were being diluted.
They felt there was already a "rec.travel" so why divide it into
sections for air, Europe, cruises, etc.

Old May 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Gary Z

I think I still have a piece of birthday cake in my fridge ;-)

Karen

Hmmmmmm,
Must have been a piece of fruitcake if it lasted this long! :-)
GaryZ

Old May 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Ermalee

Thanks for the reminder, Ray. And I was born just one
day later----uh, well not the same year, of course.
(But Happy Cinco Da Maya to all).
Happy Birthday to Rec.travel.cruises. Thanks to
John Davis, Roland Behunin and John Coan!

Ermalee

Old May 4th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Fred

Just how big is that fridge???????

"Karen " wrote in message
Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Today, May 4th, is the birthday of Rec.Travel.Cruises. On this day in
1994 the final vote was announced and rtc was officially born. It
passed by a vote of 244 to 23.

I think I still have a piece of birthday cake in my fridge ;-)

Happy Birthday and Welcome to Old and New readers!!!

Indeed!

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old May 4th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Charles

In article , Dee Lite wrote:

??????? What valid reason could anyone have had for voting against it???????

There are about 25 people who vote no on every new newsgroup proposal.

--
Charles
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:49:23 -0400, "Dee Lite" no spam wrote:

??????? What valid reason could anyone have had for voting against it???????

Hi Dee,

Back in those days there were a vocal group that would vote against
ALL new news groups. They felt the current groups were being diluted.
They felt there was already a "rec.travel" so why divide it into
sections for air, Europe, cruises, etc.

Ray, those people are still there and have multiplied. If you read
some of the RFC discussions, the same people will come out over and
over saying "We don't need that NG, it's already covered by ..." And
traffic stats mean nothing to them.

--
dillon

Women should be obscene and not absurd.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Reef Fish

Dillon Pyron wrote:
Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

??????? What valid reason could anyone have had for voting against

it???????

Ray votes for SPAMMING in ngs every time!

-- Bob.