Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek

Old August 21st, 2006, 06:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek

Mt. Everest Base Camp Tour ( 14 days)

Highlights:
Scenic mountain flight to Lukla; Sherpa home down; Monasteries; amazing
view of mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Views of
Khumbu Ice - Fall, Sherpa's village, Tengboche Monastery and so on.

Tour Information:
The Everest Base Camp trek is a classic walk from Lukla to Kala Patar
close to the base camp of the world's highest mountain. It is a popular
route, amongst some of the most breath-taking mountain scenery
imaginable. The trail to base camp has a network of small lodges which
have recently seen big improvements in food and accommodation
facilities. This now makes the programme ideally suited to lodge-based
trekking. The trip is taken at a relaxed pace, with rest days allowing
for proper acclimatization.

A sound level of fitness is required to make the most of this excellent
trek. The walking is at times strenuous; there will be days when you
will be very tired, particularly on the climb to Kala Patar, but the
rewards are there. The mountain views on this trek are arguably the
best in Nepal. The towering snowy peaks surround you at all times.
Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8511m), Makalu (8481m), Nuptse (7879m), Ama
Dablam (6856m), Thamserku (6623m), Kwangde (6194m) and . . . the list
goes on. It's pure Himalayan magic! Our trekking crews in the Everest
(or Khumbu) area are the famous Sherpas.

Detail Tour Itinerary:

Day 1: Depart from you country

Day 2: Arrive Kathmandu
In Kathmandu, we will stay at the Hotel vaishali located in Thamel;
positioned well away from the noise and bustle of the city centre, it
has extensive gardens, and an atmosphere of quiet, restful charm.
Today, you will have city tour with our expert tour guide.

Day 3: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2,840m/9,317ft)
We will make an early morning start for the Twin Otter flight to Lukla,
the gateway to the Khumbu. This is an exciting flight, which should
give a glimpse of Everest in the distance. In Lukla, we will meet our
camp staff and porters and set off straightaway for our first night's
stop at Phakding. Situated on the banks of the Dudh Kosi, which drains
the whole of the Khumbu region, this small hamlet is on the main trade
route through the area and there are a number of clean, well-built
lodges where we can spend the night.

Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,400m/11,155ft)
We will continue up the banks of the Dudh Kosi, crossing it twice by
small suspension bridges before reaching the village of Monjo where we
will enter the Khumbu National Park. We will then cross the confluence
of the Dudh Kosi and the Bhote Kosi on a high suspension bridge and
climb steeply for about two hours to reach Namche Bazaar. This is a
prosperous trading town and the capital of the Khumbu region. Many
Tibetans cross the nearby border to trade their wares and the local
market is a fascinating spectacle. This is a good place to buy genuine
Tibetan artefacts. Just across the valley to the east stand the peaks
of Thamserku and Kangtega, both very impressive mountains.

Day 5: At leisure in Namche Bazaar
We will spend a day in Namche Bazaar resting and allowing our bodies to
become acclimatised to the altitude of 3,450m (11,300ft).

Day 6: Thyangboche
From Namche, the well-worn Everest trail contours around the side of

the valley high above the Dudh Kosi. As we follow the path, we will get
our first really good views of the great peaks of the Khumbu: Everest,
Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam. Passing by several villages and numerous
tea shops, we will cross the Dudh Kosi river and make a steep climb to
Thyangboche, home of an impressive and recently rebuilt monastery.

Day 7: Dingboche
Shaded by rhododendron trees, the path leads gradually down to the
river once again to another airy suspension bridge. An hour's walking
from here, will bring us to Pangboche, an excellent viewpoint for Ama
Dablam. Contouring up the valley side, we will re-cross the river and
turn up the Imja valley to reach the picturesque farming village of
Dingboche.

Day 8: Acclimatisation
Dingboche is a good location for acclimatisation, prior to our ascent
up the upper section of the Khumbu valley. While in Dingboche, we can
attend a seminar about high altitude acclimatisation at the hospital in
nearby Pheriche, run by the Himalayan Rescue Association. The walk over
to Pheriche and back will also serve as good acclimatisation training
and so make the walk doubly worthwhile.

Day 9: Lobuje (4,940m/16,207ft)
We retrace our steps back to Pheriche before continuing up the trail
towards base camp. We eventually reach Dugla situated below the snout
of the Khumbu Glacier, which will be a convenient place for lunch.
After lunch, the trail starts steeply to climb up beside the glacier
moraine. After a couple of hours the track eventually leads to a small
cluster of tea houses pleasantly situated at Lobuje.

Day 10: Gorak Shep (5,220m/17,126ft)
About 3 hours beyond Lobuje we reach Gorak Shep, the site of the 1953
expedition's base camp. An evening ascent of Kala Pattar
(5,545m/18,188ft) is highly recommended for hopefully a sunset view of
Everest. The climb takes about 2 hours and can be hard work, but the
effort is rewarded by the classic view of Everest and the Khumbu
Icefall, as well as Lhotse, Nuptse, and Pumori immediately above.

Day 11: Everest base camp
Contouring along the valley side, the trail leads on to the moraine of
the Khumbu Glacier and becomes quite vague, weaving between mounds of
rubble. After about 3 hours we eventually reach base camp near the foot
of the Khumbu Icefall. After visiting the base camp then back to
Gorakshep.

Day 12: Trek to Pheriche
We retrace our steps to Lobuje, and keep going down the Khumbu valley.
Passing the snout of the Khumbu Glacier, we reach a line of memorials
to Sherpas who have died on Everest. With the stunning peak of Ama
Dablam in the background, we pass the small settlement of Dugla, and
continue to Pheriche.

Day 13: Trek to Thyangboche
Following the main Everest trail down the beautifully scenic valley, we
pass through Pangboche and re-cross the river before climbing to the
monastery at Thyangboche.

Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazaar
A steep descent of around 1500ft/500m leads through bird filled
rhododendron bushes and fir trees to the Dudh Kosi River. Crossing this
on yet another suspension bridge, we climb up the opposite side of the
valley to reach the contouring path leading back to Namche Bazaar.

Day 15: Trek to Lukla
A steep descent for 600m/2,000ft leads to the suspension bridge
crossing the Dudh Kosi river. We cross the river twice more before a
rising traverse up the hill-side, past numerous tea-houses to Lukla.

Day 16: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
An early morning flight. We will be met at the airport and taken to the
Hotel vaishali.

Day 17: At Leisure in Kathmandu
Shopping, visit city/Overnight in Hotel.

Day 18: Departure

Group Size:
We organize minimum group of 01 to maximum 12 and we have customized
the tour price with considering the group size:

Price in US$ 950./person

The above price includes:
· Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
· Accommodation with breakfast at deluxe hotel in Kathmandu as per
above program.
· Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry
permits, tour guide, car / van.
· Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the
trek.
· Accommodation in the mountain.
· 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter
for 2 pax), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments.
· Round Trip flight to & from Lukla & Domestic airport taxes in
Kathmandu and Lukla.
· Sagarmatha National Park permit.
· Government taxes.
· Office Service charge.

The above price doesn't include:
· Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu - allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per
day.
· Travel insurance
· International air fare to and from Nepal.
· Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)-
you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan
International Airport - Kathmandu.
· Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24.
· Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks,
laundry.
· Trekking Equipments.
· Tips for trekking staffs, driver etc..

IMPORTANT NOTE: Every effort will be made to keep to the above
itinerary, but as this is adventure travel in a remote mountain region,
we cannot guarantee it! Weather conditions, availability of porters and
the health of climbers can all contribute to changes. The guides and
their assistants will try to ensure that the trip runs according to
plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if necessary.

Experience Required"
The Base Camp Treks are suitable for keen walkers who are able to walk
for 7 - 8 hours in a day, with a light rucksack. Some of the days are
quite long, and the walking feels more strenuous at altitude.

Equipment for this trek:
Trekkers need to provide their own personal clothing and equipment.
Some items of equipment are available for hire from us but we strongly
recommend that you purchase your own personal equipment and test it
before departure.
Find out about our recommended equipments list:
· Down Jacket
· Sleeping bag
· Hiking pants
· Waterproof jacket
· Full - sleeves shirt
· Jumper or pile jacket
· T - shirts
· Trekking shoes/boots
· Camp shoes
· Mountain trekking boots
· Polypropylene/wool socks
· Light cotton socks for under wool socks
· Woolen socks to wear with boots
· Rucksack
· Sun hat
· Woolen hat
· Gloves
· Sun block for lips
· Sun lotion
· Goggles or sunglasses
· Long underwear
· Insulated pants
· Nylon windbreaker
· Nylon wind pants
· Water bottle
· Sewing kit
· Medical & first aid kit
· Flash light
· Batteries and bulbs
· Swiss army knife
· Personal towel

Booking:
If you would like to book the trip, you are advised to wire 20 % amount
of the total amount in advance. You will receive an email confirmation
after received your booking. Alternatively, you can book over the
telephone.

For further detail:
Asian Journey Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd
Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel/Fax No: +977-1-4356014, +977-98510-68259 (Mobile)
Email: ,
Web:
www.trekkinggroup.com

Old August 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

Goodie !
Thanks to newportcrapman we get all sorts of spam

a écrit dans le message de news:
[...]

From Namche, the well-worn Everest trail contours around the side of

[...]

,
Web:
www.trekkinggroup.com

Old August 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit 't Hart

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mt. Everest Base Camp Tour ( 14 days)

Apart from the fact that you are spamming your geography is bad.